One thing that is not on lockdown today is your brand. Your brand is out there 24/7 day in and day out. Ever-present.
You see, people soon forget what has been said to them or what they have seen but they never forget how your brand made them feel. Brands live in people’s minds, hearts and souls.
At a time like this, it is good to sit down quietly and reflect on what should be your company’s greatest asset, your brand.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Does your brand have any meaning to your customers? Or do you just sell widgets?
- If you asked your customers why they supported you, what would they say? Are you sure it is the same as what you think it is?
- What is the first thing that springs to mind when a customer thinks of you?
- What do you do differently to your competitors? Is it all about price and perceived quality?
- If you asked your staff what they thought your brand means to them would they all say the same thing?
- When last did you invest any time or money on your brand?
- Do you nurture your brand? Are you so close to your brand that you can feel when it’s struggling or needs a lift?
Right now, your brand is possibly the only presence that your company has in the market. It’s not about any billboards or social media ads, although that obviously helps. You see, if you’ve looked after your brand it sits in the minds of your customers. Maybe not always activated, but omnipresent. What position does your brand occupy in their minds right now?
CEO BAYANOL GROUP